Rocca Sforzesca (Sforza Castle),rebuilt under the reign of Girolamo Riario and Caterina Sforza (1463 – 28 May 1509). Leonardo da Vinci by order of Cesare Borgia (in 1502) made a project to strengthen the fortress. In 1504 Imola submitted to Pope Julius II and became the property of the Church. From 1524 to 1958 the Rocca became a prison. Now it is a place of the Museum and cultural events.