Castel Guelfo DI Bologna is a small Italian commune of 4,489 inhabitants. it is the Fortress which was built in 1309s to defend the territory of Bologna. From 1458 to 1809 it was owned by the Malvezzi family and then passed to Prince Cesare Hercolani.
The Fortress was rectangular, with four towers still visible. It was surrounded by walls and some parts of them still remain.
The palazzo Malvezzi Hercolani was restored and today it is a municipal building.
It was a short trip to the past.